I've been doing a lot of thinking recently about play, creativity and innovation in preparation for 3 webinars I'll be presenting for the IB in the coming months:
- Playful Learning : 1st November 2015
- Imagine! Encouraging a culture of creativity: 29th November 2015
- Beyond the passive consumption of knowledge:Getting students to actively think, manipulate, create and innovate with what they know:
8th & 14th February 2016
Key to the ideas I'll be exploring is that if we want students to create and feel empowered to continue creating we need to:
- Create a culture where creativity is valued.
- Give students time and space to use existing knowledge and skills in new and original ways.
- Give students opportunities to adapt and refine their creations as they develop new knowledge and skills.
- Give students the autonomy over the process to enable them to create products meaningful to them.
- Enable students to share their creations in a way that empowers and inspires them and others.